Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Interview with SEREMEDY


Hello once more our fellow readers. I got the chance earlier this year to talk to some of the members of the new band Seremedy. Seremedy is an Alternative Metal / Rock band from Stockholm, Sweden. They are a swedish 'J'rock band who follow the Visual Kei Scene that has been blossoming all over the world in different countries. Seremedy began forming in 2008 but did not complete it's final line up until 2010. Seremedy was founded by Ray and Jenziih; Ray is the guitarist of the band and Jenziih is the bassist. Sermedy is apart of the Ninetone Nation Lable aswell as Universal Music and are planning to release their first full album this coming summer.

Here is a little bit about the band from their Facebook page:

Seremedy is a band, not wanting to be tied to a specific genre. Their sound varies greatly, so they have developed a two-sided view on the world. One side of Seremedy is heavy and dark, agressive yet melodic. The other side is more cheerful and happy, as a counter-part. Everything between is expressed by the variation in appearance. Since the start of Seremedy the band have gained an ever growing number of fans from all around the world.

The members of Sermedy are as follows:

Vo. SEIKE


Gu. YOHIO


Gu. RAY


Ba. JENZiiH


Dr. LINDER


You can find Sermedy's members on Twitter as well:
Seremedy Official,  Ray , Seike , Jenziih, Yohio, Linder

I also got the oppertunity to have a small questionaire with Seike and Ray. They both happily participated in answering a few questions and also wanted to thank Visual Kei Heaven for letting them do this. They have a drive to get Sermedy's madness out into the open and are hoping to someday tour the world.


1. First off can you please Introduce yourselves and tell us a little bit about what Seremedy is to you individually.

SEIKE: [Vocalist of Seremedy] Seremedy is a big part of me and my life.

RAY: I'm RAY, I play guitar in Seremedy. Seremedy, for me, is a way to express our feelings; both good and bad, and to share these feelings with our MAD family, the fans.

2. What made Seremedy ,as a whole, inspired to become a band?

SEIKE: I joined last, so the band was already formed by then but we have grown together to become a strong group and family of.

RAY: I guess our common interest in the visual scene, to start a new scene that didn't exist here in Sweden before.

3. What sort of reactions did the band receive for being a Non-Japanese Visual Kei Band when Seremedy first came about? Were they positive reactions or more in between?

SEIKE: Very different. Many good, but I don’t pay much attention to the bad response as long as it is not so called “constructive criticism” that I can get use to, to evolve as an artist, though I will never live to please others. I do this because I love to do it, in my way. There will always be people who act against development. We are here to entertain. I want to make that point clear. Obviously people like to watch and judge, and we are happy that we gain attention, whatever attention there is. That's what our modern freakshow is all about!

RAY: We had a huge amount of positive reactions, it really surprised us! Of course there are people who are like "You can't be visual if you aren't Japanese", but that's just really close-minded elitist people.


4. What plans do you have for Seremedy in the future? A world tour maybe?

SEIKE: As we gain more and more supporters around the world that goal might not be far away. Thank you, everybody.

RAY: We are going to release our debut album now, we hope to do it before the summer, and we also hope to do a lot of tours with the album!


5. What as individuals inspires you to write and play your songs?

SEIKE: My twisted mind.

RAY: I can be inspired by anything actually. It can be a feeling, a song on the radio, or just scenery outside my window.


6. I know that Ray has already answered this question on formspring but what would you, as individuals, want to be if you weren't rock stars?

SEIKE: I already do some modeling, designing clothes, and will soon release more news about my upcoming brand! I guess that is what I would like to work with full time if I did not have my band. I also like to write soundtracks, but that is more of a hobby.

RAY: Fashion designer, making jewelry, shoes and clothes. I also want to own a bar or a night club.


7. Is there any particular Jrock or Visual Kei band that you really enjoy listening to or gain inspiration from?

SEIKE: I adore SID. My favourite Japanese bands of all time are Malice Mizer and Soroban. Funny mix, hehe. My dear friend KENZI from d.p.s/Antifeminism is a big support for me, and has been from the beginning. His speeches tend to inspire me, and I am very thankful to him for everything.

RAY: I don't listen so much to Japanese music, but there are some really interesting bands, like Rin, Toshite Shigure, and 9GOATS BLACK OUT that I think stand out and can inspire me.



8. What was it that brought Seremedy into the visual Kei scene? Was it inspiration from a particular band or just influences from the style its self?

SEIKE: There is no other scene in the world where Seremedy would fit. I get inspiration to my style from what I like and who I am, and it happend for me to be very simular to what is called Visual! Then I found a band with minds alike, so it is very natrual for us and simple actually.

RAY: It was the scene as a whole.



9. If you all could open up for any Visual Kei band or Jrock band who would it be and why?

SEIKE: I am open to work with any band as long as there is a good connection between us and the members are polite and open-minded.

RAY: For me personally, Dir en grey would be an honour, but I know that they don't want to be associated with the visual scene, so the GazettE would be cool. They are a band I respect.



10. Is there any message you would like to send to all your fans and future fans?

SEIKE: Seremedy are working really hard. I am happy for those of you who can see this and support us on our way. To the future fans I would like to welcome you into our family to become a part of our MADNESS.

RAY: Thanks for reading this, if you already are a fan: we love to have you in our MAD family!
And if this is the first time hearing about us, be sure to check out our music!
STAY MAD!
 
 
VKH

No comments:

Post a Comment